Read this policy carefully; by providing us with your personal information, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with this policy. Occasionally, we may make changes to this policy so do remember to check back from time to time.
If you have any questions on this policy, the Real Baby Milk team on 01872 260429 between 10am and Tuesday Wednesday or Friday or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Real Baby Milk – Pollenn CIC
Real Baby Milk is a project run by Pollenn CIC and is currently the only project. As a community interest company, profits from retail sales are used to ensure sustainability and development of the company and ensure our Mission and Aims are met – https://realbabymilk.org/about-us/
How we collect information
Our work in our retail sector, Peer Support Service and Training Delivery through Aim Awards is important. It helps us operate as efficiently as possible and to make sure our interactions with you are quick and relevant for you. To do this, we may collect information about you in the following ways:
- If you enrol in our training we submit some of you details to the training provider, https://www.aimawards.org.uk/privacy/ to enable the provider to process the accredited training award.
- If you engage with us on social media and messaging services like Facebook or Twitter you might give us permission to access information from those accounts. The data we are given access to by social media services will vary but will always be in line with the Terms of that particular service.
- When you visit our website we may gather information, such as which pages you visit or how long you spend reading a particular page. This data helps us to improve your online experience, for example by adding new features, or removing elements that make the website difficult to use. We may also use data and insights to help inform the choice of words and images that appear on the site, in order to improve our work.
- You can find out more in our how we use https://realbabymilk.org/cookie-policy/. Depending on the type of device you’re using, your apps and settings may supply us with additional information about the device type, your operating system, and details associated with this.
Information we collect
It depends how you interact with us. The information that we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone or mobile number and your contact preferences.
We do this to make sure our communications to you are appropriate.
Using your information
We will gain your consent before we use your information for certain purposes, such as sending emails. We may also use your information where we have a legitimate interest in order to carry out our activities, examples include:
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, or that we feel would be of interest to you, and reasonably expected by you
- To process your donations or other payments and verify financial transactions
- To process orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders such as Cards and Gifts purchases or community fundraising materials
- To provide information and updates on our work.
- For administrative purposes, for example to contact you about training you have enrolled on
- To keep a record of your relationship with us
- To ask you to participate in surveys or research
- To analyse and improve our website, services, products or information
- To understand our supporters better and develop audience propositions
- To process an application or job application.
You can change how you hear from us at any time simply by getting in touch with the Real baby Milk Team – email@example.com
When you enter information into a form on our website and start but don’t complete a form, or complete a purchase we may send you an email to check and see if there is any help we can give or any problems you encountered.
If you would prefer us not to analyse your information or combine it with publicly available information, you can let us know.
Do we share your information?
We may share your information with partners, or commissioners to help us understand our Volunteers and stakeholders more effectively. These partners will only act under our instruction and will not use your information for their own purposes
We have contracts in place with commissioners, which require them to comply with UK’s law on data protection and to have systems and processes to protect the security of your information. We promise to always keep your details safe and we’ll never sell or swap your information with any other organisation.
If you don’t want to see targeted advertising from us on social media, please refer to the instructions provided by the website or app, for example on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Real Baby Milk, our website or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
Keeping your information safe
We make sure that appropriate controls are in place so we take good care of your information.
However, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure and as a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Real Baby Milk cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we make every effort to ensure its security.
All staff who have access to your personal data understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure at all times and are given training to support them in this.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
We ensure that additional controls are in place for financial, sensitive and special categories of information, meeting regulatory and legal requirements for managing these types of information.
How long we keep your information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, and meet any legal or regulatory requirement. This is so that we can provide the services, products or information you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to ensure we don’t communicate with you if you’ve asked us not to and to comply with the law.
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you Real Baby Milk Team, 5 Riverside House, Heron Way, Truro, Cornwall, TR12XN
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we manage your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To change the way we contact you
If you want to change how you hear from us, or update your details, simply get in touch with Real Baby Milk firstname.lastname@example.org or 01872 260429
You can also change the way we contact you by using the unsubscribe link in an email from us
Where you tell us that no longer want to hear from us for marketing purposes, please be aware that we may still contact you for administration purposes.
What if I’m under 18?
If you are under 18, please make sure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information via our websites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Changes to this policy
This information was last updated in April 2018. From time to time, we may make changes to the information on this page so you may wish to check back from time to time.